Polling

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
joleenf

Polling

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I am concerned by the way polling currently works in McIDAS-V. Maybe there are already some solutions.

I have a bundle where I wish to load the most recent image from a script. If I load the bundle when the data is not yet available, I either get an error, or if some of the data has been received, I will get the available data and then the script continues. Correct me if I am in error.

Here are a few different scenarios.
1.) I want an error if the data is not yet available, log that information and try again in a few minutes. Time latency is a bit of a concern, but not huge.
2.) I want whatever I can get for processing. Time latency is a concern, but I will take what I can get and fill in the gaps later.
3.) I need a certain region and as soon as that region is complete, begin processing. In this case, I would begin the script and wait until the data arrives and is complete in that region. Time latency is important in this case because it is a benchmark.

Is is possible to address all this concerns right now from a script? As I understand it, the only solution is to add pauses. I want error information that is understandable returned from the load.

Joleen
bobc

Re: Polling

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

I emailed Jon to see what he had to say about your post. He said that there isn't much that can be done currently, but all of your ideas are great.

That being said, I have written this up as McIDAS-V Inquiry #1050 as an enhancement idea under evaluation.
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1050

Thanks for the ideas
- Bob