create plugin for ADDE datasets

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
hproe

create plugin for ADDE datasets

Post by hproe »

McV lets me import ADDE datasets through "Import MCTABLE.TXT". However, I cannot find any hint/method on how I can export a selection of such data, e.g. create a plugin. In IDV this information is stored in addeserver.xml that you can include in a plugin.

HP
joleenf

Re: create plugin for ADDE datasets

Post by joleenf »

HP, I don't know how to create a plugin, but the same file in McIDAS-V is in the $HOME/Documents/McIDAS-V directory. It is called persistedservers.xml. I have saved and moved that file around to newer versions so that I can get the same server information.

Joleen
hproe

Post by hproe »

Joleen -

Thanks for the hint - I just overlooked this somewhat cryptic file name. A bit of documentation might be useful. Do not bother about plugins. They are just jar files that contain a selection of local stuff, so can transport things in one go, e.g. persistedservers.xml.

HP
barryr

Post by barryr »

Hi HP and Joleen,
FYI, the the persistedservers.xml file is a remnant from an earlier version of McV (before the redesign of the ADDE Data Manager in 1.0beta6) - and is thus no longer created in McV. But, as you discovered, it is still used if it's present.

In any case, there should be a less error-prone and more user-friendly way to share/import a set of servers than to have to copy and paste from/to an XML file. I wrote inquiry 957 (http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=957) as a request to do so.

Thanks,
Barry