Locate by Station Name

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
Greg

Locate by Station Name

Post by Greg »

For the Wish List:

There are places in McV where it would be nice to locate a point not only by lat/lon, line/element (imagery) or lat/lon (location indicator), but by the station name. (McIDAS-X ... STA= and PC L).

Also, it would be helpful to list the Level II and Level III radar sites alphabetically using the 3 letter identifier instead of the name in the location drop down box. Sometimes it is difficult to find the name but is a lot easier to find the 3 letter id.

Thanks ..

Greg ...
barryr

Re: Locate by Station Name

Post by barryr »

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the requests. For our records, I assigned them to McIDAS-V Inquiries 450 and 451.

If you get a chance, let us know which areas you'd like to see the option to specify a station name. For example, are you looking to be able to do it so you can center an image load on a station, and be able to tell McV to move the cursor to a station location (like running command "PC L KMCO" in McIDAS-X)? Others???

Thanks,
barryr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Barry:

Specifying a station to center an image load (IMGDISP STA=KDCA). Also, being able to move the McV cursor to a station position and mark that position would be beneficial (PC L KDCA; CUR 5 5; CW 3). In addition, we use the McIDAS-X: FIND, DIST, STNLIST, STNPLOT comands frequently. STNLIST RAD=20 is useful for listing all stations within a certain radius of the cursor. ADVDISP (AIRMET and SIGMET plotter) is also used often. An AIRMET and SIGMET plotter in McV would be a great enhancement. Also, allowing the McV weather text products app to access the McIDAS-X AWXTEXT server would be very helpful.

Thanks ..

Greg ...
barryr

Post by barryr »

Greg,
Your specific list of uses you'd like to see added is exactly what I was looking for. :-)

I went ahead and added them to the McIDAS-V inquiry 450.

Thanks!
Barry