Earth Navigation Panel - More Buttons

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
matg

Earth Navigation Panel - More Buttons

Post by matg »

I love the Earth navigation Panel's "Go to address" feature - just like Google Earth. That's going to come in really handy. I would like to see some more buttons on there though:
- A "north is up" button that rotates your image so that north is up but otherwise is in the same center lat/lon and zoom you had it would be very nice. Depending on your projection, such as if you're in globe projection, your image gets rotated around in a wonky way such that north isn't up. The North is up button could come in handy when viewing images that don't have any landmarks (or easily recognizable ones) too, or just when you're zoomed in past map landmarks.

- A "center" or "reset image" button that centers the currently displayed image, not just the map projection, which is what the current button does.

- It would be helpful if hovering your mouse over the buttons for two seconds revealed what they do.
TJS

Re: Earth Navigation Panel - More Buttons

Post by TJS »

Might there also be an option to show an image of which direction is North? Thanks.
tomw

Re: Earth Navigation Panel - More Buttons

Post by tomw »

I have forwarded this along to the developer.