download any McV verson very slow

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
hproe

download any McV verson very slow

Post by hproe »

Hi -

I find the download of any McV version (nightlies in particular) extremely slow, at least since Wednesday (was out Tuesday and Monday it was still ok). Download speeds are in the order of tens of kilobytes, i.e. it takes well over an hour for a nightly. Other downloads I do regularly are just fine.

cheers, HP
jayh

Re: download any McV verson very slow

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

Bob is seeing the same issue and we have been told we are having campus network issues. Our SDS group has sent out this message:

The University of Wisconsin campus in Madison is continuing to experience network issues.

We have been informed that a network switch was replaced yesterday which failed to resolve the network issue and another network switch is going to be replaced today.

The network issue is continuing to cause slowdowns in the reception of data and slow communication outside of campus.

I'll report status updates here as we get them.

Thanks, Jay
hproe

Post by hproe »

all services up to speed again, Jay.
fine by me, HP
jayh

Post by jayh »

Thanks for the report HP! We also got an email this morning on the resolution of the issue. If you have any further issues just let us know.

Thanks, Jay