MSG HRV selection misplaced

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
hproe

MSG HRV selection misplaced

Post by hproe »

Hi -

Already since a few nightlies manually selected regions of MSG data get misplaced when selecting 3 or more time frames, i.e. the displayed areas always straddle the equator (selecting 1 or 2 frames only get placed correctly). This happens when reading Meteosat-11 data from msg.ssec.wisc edu or Meteosat-11/8 data from geoarc.ssec.wisc.edu. Full-disc data have no problem. A nightly from 10 July, selected at random, shows normal behaviour also for HRV data-

Also, when reading relative times the message 'cannot make preview image ' is issued and no manual selection can be made.

cheers, HP
bobc

Re: MSG HRV selection misplaced

Post by bobc »

Hi HP,

Thanks for reporting these issues.

As far as the region selection not working with HRV data, I'm replicating this. This bug likely popped up with code changes on 08/18 in inquiry 2181. Please note that with all of the changes in this inquiry the nightly might be having several changes over the coming days/weeks as we work to get things resolved. However, please let me know if you find any other problems using the nightly. I forwarded this to the programmers this morning and I'll let you know when you can pick up a new nightly that fixes this problem.

As for your note about relative times of MSG HRV not working I'm replicating this pointing to msg.ssec.wisc.edu/MSG/HRV as well as indoex.ssec.wisc.edu/IODC/HRV. I went all the way back to core 1.7u1 (01/25/2018) and I'm seeing the same thing. Local HRV servers seem to be working fine, though. I'm curious if there was some change on the servers that isn't playing well with McV. I'm going to look some more into this and let you know what I find.

Thanks again,
Bob
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi HP,

If you pick up a nightly built today (09/15/2020) you should see that subsetting of HRV data now works as expected. I tried out several remote ADDE datasets and things seem to be working on my end, but please let me know if you see any problems.

Relative times still do not work, though the programmers are aware of the problem and it's written up as inquiry 2923. I'll keep you updated with any progress on this inquiry.

Thanks again for reporting these problems.

Bob
hproe

Post by hproe »

Bob, I find the bug corrected.
Thanks, HP