linux - only one frame loads

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
hproe

linux - only one frame loads

Post by hproe »

Hi -

I migrating from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu) and am experiencing a particular problem. i copied over the Preferences and jython scripts. Now, when I ask for a sequence of images from a satellite ADDE server (like msg.ssec.wisc.edu) the data appears to get downloaded and processed frame by frame, but in the end only the first frame is displayed. From the (attached) log file it appears that there are path problems, but I do not see through. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers, HP
Attachments
mcidasv.log
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
barryr

Re: linux - only one frame loads

Post by barryr »

Hi HP,

Thanks for providing the mcidasv.log file. As you mentioned, the path issues (e.g., Could not find valid parent directory for 'C:\Users\hproe_000\Documents\DATA\GRB', using '/home/hp') are possibly related. I am checking with McV experts to get input and recommendations. Thanks for your patience! :-)

Barry
tommy.jasmin

Post by tommy.jasmin »

HP - when you say you copied over prefs and Jython scripts do you mean runMcV.prefs for prefs? And I'm guessing various scripts you have written for Jython.
tommy.jasmin

Post by tommy.jasmin »

In any case HP, my first two thoughts are this:

1. If you are using the -userpath arg when starting McV, that will have to change

2. If you copied over .xml files from your Windows install, those will likely have
Windows-style paths that would need to be updated. I'm not sure if we have a
Windows -> Linux migration tool, but if this is the case you could try a global
search and replace on McV XML property files (main.xml, etc.) from:

C:\Users\hproe_000

to:

/home/hp

Sorry I don't have more definite advice off the bat, I'm still not certain how you are
doing this migration and typically Bob is our go-to guy for setup/config issues and
he's on vacation right now. I'm happy to try and help you sort this out though.
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Tommy -

Many thanks for your advice. I was aware of the path changes from Windows to Linux, but in my first shot i missed out something. In the meantime I have done a more careful, step-by-step migration of all my stuff. My application are running smoothly (and faster, of course). At a certain point (a couple of days ago) there must also have been a hiccup at the geoarc server that upset my applications.

thanks again, HP
tommy.jasmin

Post by tommy.jasmin »

No problem HP - glad to learn you are seeing some performance boost too. It's nice to hear from you!
Take care.