scroll bar for color table editor

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
joleenf

scroll bar for color table editor

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

This request is specifically for the color table editor, but there are probably numerous examples where a scroll bar could be helpful. I was working with colleagues and displaying the color table editor through a VGA connection to a screen. Unfortunately, the editor did not have enough space, so the color table could not display and there was no way to drag the window larger to allow space for the color table. This was not helpful when we were trying to discuss possible modification to the table and test them. I have an example attached.

Is is possible to add a scroll bar?

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 12.11.58 PM.png

Thanks,
Joleen
bobc

Re: scroll bar for color table editor

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

Thanks for reporting this. I've written up adding a scroll bar to the Color Table Editor as Inquiry 2341. A workaround for right now might be dragging the Color Table Editor window down a bit so the bottom of it is off the screen, at this point, you can make the window larger by clicking+dragging up on the top toolbar.

Thanks again for this feature request -
Bob Carp
joleenf

Re: scroll bar for color table editor

Post by joleenf »

Hi Bob,

For whatever reason, I did not have enough room on the display screen to drag the window down. It would have helped if I could have made the font size smaller, perhaps.

Joleen