Display Settings

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
joleenf

Display Settings

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I am using display settings often to apply certain display attributes to other layers in the McIDAS-V session. The only cumbersome problem is knowing which layer is which for the target layer. Since the target layer only lists the file property name and the display type, but no longname or shortname is not visible, I have to remember which order the products were added to the various McV panels rather than being able to select by the layer id or the product name.

Its confusing. The Source is also confusing. There is only information about the layer type.

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 12.58.58 PM.png

Is there a way to customize this information?

Joleen
bobc

Re: Display Settings

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

I found a way to customize the information in the Target Displays panel of the Display Settings window. By default, this lists out the macros of '%datasourcename% - %displayname%'. These values come from what is entered in the 'Legend Label' field of the Properties window for the layer. If you want to add information to this, you can add an 'Extra Legend Label' to the layer. Any macros or text that you put in the 'Extra Legend Labels' field will be tacked on to the end of the other macros after a semicolon.

Also, if you wish to do so, you can change the 'Legend Label' for each layer to something like '%datasourcename% - %shortname%' which gives a relatively short, but descriptive listing of each layer.

To change the 'Legend Label' and 'Extra Legend Labels' for the fields, individually go to each field's Properties window through the Edit>Properties menu item.

Please let me know if this does not accomplish what you are trying to do here.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
joleenf

Re: Display Settings

Post by joleenf »

Bob,

Thanks, that works.

Joleen