Time-Series

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
joleenf

Time-Series

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I have loaded the netCDF file included in this post as a netCDF/GEMPAK Point Data file to display the data as a trajectory. Now, I would like to use the Data Probe/Time Series to display the depth of the track with time. I cannot currently do this ( can select Data Probe, but the data does not display), would it be possible to make this a working option?

Now, if this file included something like an aerosol measurement with each point, it would be nice to display this measurement as a time-series as well, I think this requires some flexibility in the measurement along the y-axis of the time series.

Thanks,
Joleen
Attachments
AUA88track.nc
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
tomw

Re: Time-Series

Post by tomw »

The issue, of course, is that you have a "track" but the file is not in "track file format"...it is in "point data" format. Nonetheless, you can use the "omni control" to plot a time series of the value, as it will make a line graph for you.

As an alternative, you could try the "lineplot()" function, which will make a nice 2D graph...from the Jython shell:

Code: Select all

a = selectData()    -- pick your point data
b = extract(a,2)    -- this picks up the "data" values
c = extract(b,2)     -- this picks up the "Depth" values
import graph
graph.lineplot(c)

You might want to do some "print whatTypes()" on a,b,c to explore the data structures...or not....