Producing GeoTIFF with color enhancement

How do I...?
chsu

Producing GeoTIFF with color enhancement

Post by chsu »

Dear all,
I have just started working with MCIDAS to produce GeoTIFF files of satellite imagery to be served via a MapServer.

Following the MCIDAS documentation, I am able prepare geotiff files by first setting up the Geotiff dataset,
> dsserve ADD GEOTIFF/1KM GEOT 1 9999 TYPE=IMAGE "GeoTIFF MODIS image files"
> dataloc ADD GEOTIFF LOCAL-DATA
and then
> imgcopy <source dataset> GEOTIFF/1KM.001 SIZE=ALL
to produce 1KM0001.tif.

However I would like to introduce very specific color enhancements, and I know the typical approach is to first display the dataset in a frame, followed by enhancement utility, such as
> imgdisp <source dataset>
> eu REST <saved enhancement>
But the enhanced imagery in the frame can only be save with frmsave command to JPEG, GIF etc but not GeoTIFF.

In sum, my question is, how do I go about applying color enhancement to GeoTIFF files in MCIDAS, i.e. changing the color tables within the GeoTIFF file?

I would very much appreciate your help, Thank you in advance.

Kevin
mug_admin
Site Admin

Re: Producing GeoTIFF with color enhancement

Post by mug_admin »

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for the question. Please note, however, that your question pertains to the McIDAS-X software package while these McIDAS-V Support Forums are only for McIDAS-V.

Since the email address for the account you registered under indicates that you are a MUG member, the McIDAS Help Desk will send you an answer to your question via email.