how i can get request satelite data in AREA and GINI format

How do I...?
glez_b

how i can get request satelite data in AREA and GINI format

Post by glez_b »

Hi, I'm Boris and I am doing the Masters in atmospheric sciences at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. My thesis project is to analyze the mesoscale convective systems by satellite imagery for the region of Mexico. The analysis is to find some satellite and synoptic features such as brightness temperature, CAPE, pressure in the cloud top and more. The computer program being used is the McIDAS-V. Therefore I would like to know how and where i can get request satellite imagery data format AREA and GINI for the period April to August 2004. I need data for the infrared channel. At the moment I would like to have data whit a resolution covering the Mexican republic.
Boris_MCS
mug_admin
Site Admin

Re: how i can get request satelite data in AREA and GINI format

Post by mug_admin »

Hi Boris,

In another post it was suggested that you visit the Class system at noaa.ncdc.gov. I believe you have also discussed this with UNIDATA and the SSEC Datacenter. Let us know if you have further questions.
joleenf

Re: how i can get request satelite data in AREA and GINI format

Post by joleenf »

Does this information still apply?

Access AVHRR Level 1b files containing MetOp-A FRAC or POES/NOAA KLM and later (NOAA-15, -16, -17 and later) imagery from NOAA CLASS (http://www.class.noaa.gov) ...
The two types of files that can be used are 10-bit files (which inherently have all channels) and 16-bit files that contain all channels. You can obtain 16-bit files with only one channel from CLASS, but they won't work in McIDAS ADDE servers.