Problem for Display image in Area format on Mcidas

How do I...?
glez_b

Problem for Display image in Area format on Mcidas

Post by glez_b »

Hi I have problems when deploying my image of satellite. I download data format .area and loading in McIDAS but when i deploy it I still see a blank image the same image I get when the downloading from a remote server (see attachment)
I want to know if some function is disabled in McIDAS that not let me see the picture.
Attachments
This image i get from adde server
This image i get from adde server
This image i get from local archive the format of it is .area
This image i get from local archive the format of it is .area
Boris_MCS
Rick

Re: Problem for Display image in Area format on Mcidas

Post by Rick »

Hi Boris,

Did is make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date? If that does not work, go to the Help tab and click on Show Request Support Form. Fill out the information and submit the information. The support form will give us some information about your computer and log file that might be reporting errors. We will get back to you with our suggestions.

Rick
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

my graphics cards are updated, now i dont know what is the problem with the display of images
Boris_MCS
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hi Boris,

I'd like to see you change the amount of memory allocated to McIDAS-V. From the main window menu bar, Select Edit->Preferences. Now select the Advanced option. At the top of this window you will see 2 options for selecting memory. Click the radio button that allows you to specify the amount of memory (should be the second radio button). Enter the value 512 and make sure megabytes is chosen.

Now restart McIDAS-V. If this works, you can start increasing the memory until you see your problems, stay below that amount. Let us know how thing go.

Rick
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

hello and I made the switch memory, apparently that was the problem as McIDAS displays the images correctly

Thanks Very Much
Boris_MCS