Mcicas V error

How do I...?
jconforte

Mcicas V error

Post by jconforte »

Hi,

I installed the mcidas V version for Linux and I did in the directory /home/conrado/McIDAS-V-System

./runMcV

I had :

Reading system configuration...
sys mem: 31972
"/home/conrado/McIDAS-V-System/jre/bin/java" -Xmx25577M -Djava.ext.dirs="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V-System/jre/lib/ext" -Djava.library.path="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V-System/jre/lib/ext" -Dloglevel="INFO" -Dlogback.configurationFile="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/logback.xml" -Dmcv.userpath="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V" -Dmcv.logpath="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/mcidasv.log" -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dpython.security.respectJavaAccessibility=false -jar ./mcidasv-1.8-SNAPSHOT.jar -Dvisad.java3d.noerasebackground=true -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=false -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -DtextureWidthMax=4096 -userpath "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V" -bundle "0;"
Graphics Device initialization failed for : es2, sw
Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumRenderer.getInstance(QuantumRenderer.java:280)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.init(QuantumToolkit.java:221)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.getToolkit(Toolkit.java:205)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(PlatformImpl.java:209)
at javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel.initFx(JFXPanel.java:215)
at javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel.<init>(JFXPanel.java:230)
at edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.McIDASV.main(McIDASV.java:1815)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumRenderer$PipelineRunnable.init(QuantumRenderer.java:94)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumRenderer$PipelineRunnable.run(QuantumRenderer.java:124)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: No toolkit found
at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.getToolkit(Toolkit.java:217)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(PlatformImpl.java:209)
at javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel.initFx(JFXPanel.java:215)
at javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel.<init>(JFXPanel.java:230)
at edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.McIDASV.main(McIDASV.java:1815)

What can I do to slove this error.

Thanks,

Conrado
jayh

Re: Mcicas V error

Post by jayh »

Hi Conrado-

This error has been reported before on Linux systems. We have some questions for you:

1. What is the operating system and version of your Linux machine? The output of "uname -a" from a terminal window might be helpful.

2. Have you ever used McIDAS-V on this Linux machine before successfully?

3. The Using McIDAS-V FAQ page of the User's Guide has a "What do I do if McIDAS-V will not work on my computer?" question that walks through different things to try, including steps 1 & 2 which ask to update drivers and try a Java3D example to make sure the computer supports Java3D. Those often are helpful.

Let us know if those help fix the problems, otherwise let us know answers to the questions above.

Thanks, Jay
McIDAS User Services