Font and icon size

How do I...?
smbradshaw

Font and icon size

Post by smbradshaw »

I downloaded McIDAS-V for Windows 64-bit. However, the icons and font in the application are so small I can hardly see or read it. I was able to enlarge the icons on the top bar, but I am unable to find a more complete solution where the fonts themselves can be increased. How can I increase the font size?
Attachments
example.PNG
bobc

Re: Font and icon size

Post by bobc »

Hello,

This is a known problem on HiDPI displays where you can end up with small fonts. We are actively working on this issue and it's being resolved in Inquiry 2839. I can let you know as soon as this work is complete so you can give it a try. In the meantime, I believe another user who ran into this problem increased their display scaling in their Windows settings (outside of McIDAS-V) to change their scaling from 100% to 125%. If you wanted to give this a try, you can follow this process:

1. In the bottom Windows Toolbar type "Settings" and click Enter
  2. In the Settings window, choose System
  3. In the left panel of the Settings window, choose Display
  4. In the right side of the window, make sure that the monitor you run McIDAS-V on is selected. The selected monitor will be blue. This assumes you have a multiple-monitor setup. If you have a single monitor, you can skip this step.
  5. Scroll down to the "Scale and layout" section, and bump up the value in the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". For example, you can change from 100% to 125%.

Note that since this is a Windows system setting, everything else outside of McIDAS-V will now be larger than previously.

Thanks,
Bob Carp
McIDAS User Services