Plot chart side by side

How do I...?
joleenf

Plot chart side by side

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I think this is in one of the tutorials, but I did not find the solution. How is the following image achieved?

mug_example.png

I follow the https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/mcv_guide/current/controls/Chart.html#chartlayout and use View-->Chart-->Layout-->Change Grid Layout but I don't see how to move a chart into the second column.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 11.30.36 AM.png

Thanks,
Joleen
jayh

Re: Plot chart side by side

Post by jayh »

Hi Joleen-

The Vertical Profile display does not have the Parameter Table list on by default (like the Data Probe/Time Series does). So it's harder to find the options to move the displays around, but Bob found them for us. Here are the steps I used:

1. Display TAir, Dewpnt, and simple difference on one display.
2. Go to View -> Parameters and you'll see "Parameter TAir", "Parameter Dewpnt" and "Parameter simpledifference"
3. Select Parameter simpledifference -> Chart Properties. In the Properties box, edit the Legend Label and Chart Name. I chose Dewpoint Depression for both. This created two separate profiles in my display.
4. Go to View -> Chart -> Chart Layout -> Change Grid Layout to open the layout box. I added a column and dragged the dew point depression profile to the right column.

To follow the same method in the Problem Sets of the Point Display tutorial, you can turn on the Parameter Table list on the bottom by selecting View -> Parameters -> Show Parameter Table. Then Right-Clicking on each parameter allows you to get to the Chart Properties of each parameter more directly.

I hope this information helps. Let us know if you have further questions.
Thanks, Jay