McIDAS not startup

How do I...?
said.albahri

McIDAS not startup

Post by said.albahri »

Hi

I have formatted my PC and reinstalled McIDAS-V 1.7, then when click to start the program startup window appears then immediately disappears. I tried so many times and can't start McIDAS. I tried to install version 1.6 but problem persists.

Please advise
bobc

Re: McIDAS not startup

Post by bobc »

Hello,

I have some questions and things for you to try:

1. From a terminal/command prompt window, bring up the Advanced Preferences. To do this, cd to your McIDAS-V-System directory and run:
    runMcV-Config
    Assuming the User Preferences window appears, change the Log Level dropdown to "TRACE" and click OK. Again, try running McIDAS-V. After attempting to start McIDAS-V, can you check if there is a mcidasv.log file in your McIDAS-V directory? This directory will likely be in hour /home/username/ or C:/Users/username/ directory dependent on your operating system. If this log file is there, please attach it in your response to this post. If the log file doesn't exist, please let us know that as well.
  2. What OS you are running, including the version? For example, Windows 10 64-bit, or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 64-bit.
  3. Have you been able to run McIDAS-V on this same machine before?
  4. If you haven't already done so, can you go through the checklist in the McIDAS-V FAQ for "What do I do if McIDAS-V will not work on my computer?" question? This includes verifying that your drivers are updated and making sure you are able to view the Java3D spinning cube to verify that Java3D will work on your machine.

Thanks,
Bob Carp
McIDAS Help Desk
said.albahri

Post by said.albahri »

Thanks bobc. I changed the Log Level to "TRACE" and it worked.
bobc

Post by bobc »

Thanks for following up. I'm surprised that changing the logging level would fix things. Perhaps another item in the Advanced Preferences got reset when you clicked OK in the window. Either way, I'm glad that things are working for you again. Please let us know if you run into any other problems.

Thanks again,
Bob