I can not open Image goes 16 from ADDE REMOTE

How do I...?
glez_b

I can not open Image goes 16 from ADDE REMOTE

Post by glez_b »

Try to open satellite images from the server: lead.unidata.ucar.edu, using ADDE Remote and I get the following error:

Any solution to this?
Attachments
Pantallazo.png
Boris_MCS
beckys

Re: I can not open Image goes 16 from ADDE REMOTE

Post by beckys »

What version and build-date of McIDAS-V are you running? From the menu, Help > About McIDAS-V
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

Version 1.6
Boris_MCS
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

beckys wrote:What version and build-date of McIDAS-V are you running? From the menu, Help > About McIDAS-V

Version 1.6
Boris_MCS
beckys

Post by beckys »

This is working for me in both 1.6 and 1.7beta versions. Can you try again, and send in the support form when you get the error?

Thank you.
Becky
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

beckys wrote:This is working for me in both 1.6 and 1.7beta versions. Can you try again, and send in the support form when you get the error?

Thank you.
Becky

This is the error
Attachments
Pantallazo-3.png
Boris_MCS
barryr

Post by barryr »

Hi glez_b,
Back on 27 Dec 2017 I sent a reply from our mug@ssec... address to your email about this issue. Here's what it said:

I found two cases where a McV Forum user reported receiving the same "There was an error loading the data: Data load failed for edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.data.adde.AddeImageParameterDataSource" error that you are seeing.

In both cases (here and here) the user had the 'ADDE via port 80' plugin installed that was causing the problem. Can you check if you have this plugin installed? Here is how you would do that:

1. From the Main Display window, go to Tools>Plugins>Manage
  2. At the top of the Plugin Manager, under Installed Plugins, see if a plugin called 'ADDE via port 80' is installed. If it is, click the Uninstall Plugin button next to it.
  3. Restart McIDAS-V and see if things work better.

If you do not have that plugin installed, can you let us know if you are seeing the same error when you try to connect to other remote ADDE datasets (e.g., Server=adde.ucar.edu / Dataset=RTIMAGES)?

Did you have a chance the check whether the plugin was installed? If so, was it causing the problem?

Thank you,
Barry
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

barryr wrote:Hi glez_b,
Back on 27 Dec 2017 I sent a reply from our mug@ssec... address to your email about this issue. Here's what it said:

I found two cases where a McV Forum user reported receiving the same "There was an error loading the data: Data load failed for edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.data.adde.AddeImageParameterDataSource" error that you are seeing.

In both cases (here and here) the user had the 'ADDE via port 80' plugin installed that was causing the problem. Can you check if you have this plugin installed? Here is how you would do that:

1. From the Main Display window, go to Tools>Plugins>Manage
  2. At the top of the Plugin Manager, under Installed Plugins, see if a plugin called 'ADDE via port 80' is installed. If it is, click the Uninstall Plugin button next to it.
  3. Restart McIDAS-V and see if things work better.

If you do not have that plugin installed, can you let us know if you are seeing the same error when you try to connect to other remote ADDE datasets (e.g., Server=adde.ucar.edu / Dataset=RTIMAGES)?

Did you have a chance the check whether the plugin was installed? If so, was it causing the problem?

Thank you,
Barry

Thank you. Your observation is correct, the error has been fixed.
Boris_MCS