GOES-R is GOES East Now?

How do I...?
stormchasing101

Re: GOES-R is GOES East Now?

Post by stormchasing101 »

I looked at the capture and it says its a 10.3, 0.64, and 1.61 combo, I am going to give your script a try and see if it looks good on some convection using the full disk imagery over South America today, as currently that is the only area with storms. I appreciate the continued assistance :)
danpisut

Post by danpisut »

Anyone else having trouble connecting to lead.unidata.ucar.edu RTGOESR? I get an error. Is there some other GOES-16/East access point?

live4right wrote:The adde.ucar.edu site for the gini east dataset, uses the GOES 13 data and TANC projection, while the lead.unidata.ucar.edu and the RTGOESR dataset uses the new one. I am sure I will get used to the new angle as the quality of the GOES 16 is astounding.
stormchasing101

Post by stormchasing101 »

danpisut wrote:Anyone else having trouble connecting to lead.unidata.ucar.edu RTGOESR? I get an error. Is there some other GOES-16/East access point?

It is working fine for me, did you make sure to verify the adde server first?

Is it possible to display the lightning flash data like Lockheed Martin did in the display videos uploaded on youtube, it looked super cool.
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Dan -

This server and dataset is working for me as well. Could you give it another try? If it still doesn't work, can you please send me your error message and stack trace? The stack trace would be the text output you see after clicking "Show Details" in the Error window. Additionally, if this server/dataset fails, do other imagery servers/datasets work? For example, adde.ucar.edu/RTIMAGES?

As for another source of this data, I know that our SSEC Satellite Data Services has realtime and archive servers/datasets for GOES 16. On the linked page, there is a "Contact Us" link at the top where you can ask for more information on this.

Thanks -
Bob