Sandwich product animation

How do I...?
joleenf

Sandwich product animation

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I have two questions about the sandwich product:

1.) It seems that I can create an animation using RGB Composite, but not 3 Color (RGB) Image. Is this an expected behavior? How will users know to use RGB Composite?

2.) Is the Sandwich color table actually in the distributed McIDAS-V color tables? The Sandwich color table is a minor variation on the MODIS>Aerosol Optical Depth color table: it is an exact copy except that the lowest value is transparent. This is only important because I think it is the default for the formula which is built into McIDAS-V.

Thanks,
Joleen
bobc

Re: Sandwich product animation

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

I'll look into number 1 now. But a quick answer to number 2 is yes, there is a Sandwich enhancement included with McIDAS-V by default. You can find it under Satellite>MODIS in the Color Table Editor. I verified that this is there by default by starting up McIDAS-V with the -userpath flag.

- Bob
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

For number 1, are you creating your loop through scripting or through a formula in the User Interface? I'm getting the foreground formula to create a loop from the sandwich function with both RGB display types. However, I know there have been problems in the past creating RGB loops with other functions that we've been able to resolve. If you are using a script, can you please send it to the Help Desk? What error are you seeing when using the '3 Color (RGB) Image' display type to create a loop?

Thanks -
Bob
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Bob,

It was my problem. I was using the chooser and selecting the visible before the IR, but I had the formula set up in the reverse order. I am not sure why I saw different results for the two displays, but when input correctly, the either RGB Composite of 3 Color (RGB) Image display the similar patterns.

Joleen