Error MCIDAS-V

How do I...?
jconrado

Error MCIDAS-V

Post by jconrado »

Hi,

I had to reinstall the MCIDAS-V for Linuiz system 64 bits. Then I had the message.
./runMcV
Reading system configuration...
sys mem: 7856
mcv flags: -Dvisad.java3d.noerasebackground=true -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=true -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -DtextureWidthMax=4096 -userpath "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V" -bundle "0;"
"/home/conrado/MCIDASV/McIDAS-V-System/jre/bin/java" -Xmx6284M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -Djava.ext.dirs="/home/conrado/MCIDASV/McIDAS-V-System/jre/lib/ext" -Djava.library.path="/home/conrado/MCIDASV/McIDAS-V-System/jre/lib/ext" -Dloglevel="INFO" -Dlogback.configurationFile="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/logback.xml" -Dmcv.userpath="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V" -Dmcv.logpath="/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/mcidasv.log" -Dpython.security.respectJavaAccessibility=false -classpath ".:./mcv_userguide.jar:./mcidasv.jar" -da edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.McIDASV -Dvisad.java3d.noerasebackground=true -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=true -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -DtextureWidthMax=4096 -userpath "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V" -bundle "0;"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/edu/wisc/ssec/mcidasv/resources/python/console_init.py", line 183, in <module>
File "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/python/default.py", line 4, in <module>
data = selectData()
NameError: name 'selectData' is not defined

What can I do to solve this error.

Thanks ,

Conrado
Jon

Re: Error MCIDAS-V

Post by Jon »

Hello Conrado,

I apologize for the delayed reply. Does McIDAS-V finish starting up for you? If so, please consider submitting a support request to the McIDAS Help Desk, as it will automatically include information that may be of use while solving this problem. Support requests can be sent by simply clicking on the "Help" menu in the main display window, and then clicking on "Show Support Request Form". I'd also suggest attaching "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/python/default.py"--it sounds like it could be particularly useful in this case.

Aside from the above, a few options come to mind...though don't forget that McIDAS-V must be restart in order for changes to default.py to register. (though we're working to eliminate that!)
  • If you can't start McIDAS-V, temporarily move "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/python/default.py". If "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/python/default$py.class" (or something like that) exists, move it as well. Just to be thorough.
    After that, (re)start McIDAS-V.
  • Simply comment out everything in "/home/conrado/McIDAS-V/python/default.py"! An example: "data = selectData()" would become "#data = selectData()".
  • Maybe just wrap everything within default.py into a function...though commenting things out is probably a better idea.