VIIRS formula plugin

How do I...?
ghansham

VIIRS formula plugin

Post by ghansham »

Hi all.

I recently downloaded mcidas-v from github. but I am unable to see viirs formulas plugin.
Kindly help

regards
Ghansham
bobc

Re: VIIRS formula plugin

Post by bobc »

Hi Ghansham -

When you say that you are unable to see the VIIRS formulas plugin, did you go to the Plugin Manager in McIDAS-V and not see it in there? It should be under the Miscellaneous branch at the bottom of the Plugin Manager window. Once you have the plugin installed and McV has been restarted, you should be able to go to the Plugin Manager and see VIIRS Formulas at the top of the Plugin Manager window. To the right of VIIRS Formulas there will be two buttons, the first one is View Contents. If you click on this button, you should be able to view the contents of the plugin (derived.xml and viirs.py).

Note that the VIIRS formulas aren't currently a part of the core McIDAS-V code, so you won't be able to find them in the code you picked up off GitHub.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
McIDAS Help Desk
ghansham

Post by ghansham »

I downloaded mcv code from github. Now from where I can get thre viirs formulas plugin?
Regards
Ghansham
beckys

Post by beckys »

Hi Ghansham,

I think Bob answered the question correctly. The plugins are not available in github. You need to be running McIDAS-V, and from the main image window, select Tools->Plugins->Manage... Under Miscellaneous, click the green + next to VIIRS Formulas. Close the manager and restart McIDAS-V. The formula should now be installed. You can either view the contents in the Plugin Manager, or use the formula from the Field Selector. Are one of these steps not working? If not, which one? Hopefully we can get this working for you.

Becky
ghansham

Post by ghansham »

I am unable to see the plugin in Tools->plugin->Manage under miscellaneous. I have downloaded the source from github. Now please tell me what needs to be done.
Regards
Ghañsham
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Ghansham -

Sorry you are having problems with the McV downloaded from GitHub. I have sent this to a programmer to get his thoughts. In the meantime, could you give this a try to get the VIIRS formulas working?

1. Go to the Plugin Manager.
  2. From the Plugin Manger, select File > Install Plugin From URL.
  3. In the following window, enter: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/resources/plugins/VIIRS_Formulas1.5.jar
    ... and click OK.
  4. Restart McV and the VIIRS formulas should be available.

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks -
Bob