How to display picture from AVHRR data ?

How do I...?
bobc

Re: How to display picture from AVHRR data ?

Post by bobc »

Hello -

Sorry for the delayed response. I picked up 26 AVHRR L1B files from CLASS from 08/21/1995 and set up a local dataset. With all 26 times in the directory, I found that the server was a little slow. On my Windows 7 machine, it took over 2 minutes after selecting the Image Type for the times to list out (in the Absolute times tab). I found that if I work with only 1 timestep in the dataset, things were quite a bit quicker. For example, after selecting the Image Type it only took about 7 seconds for the times to list out.

How many files are you working with in your dataset? One suggestion for now might be to try cutting down on the number of files in the dataset. Perhaps breaking your one dataset up into a few different smaller ones might make things work a little more efficiently.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks -
Bob
francoisborel

Post by francoisborel »

Good morning Bob,

I'm very, very, very sorry to answer your message so late. Some inconvenients at home. Very sorry again.

About AVHRR i will make a "pause" and continue to work on anothers things in McIdas. I noted your help and i will return on this case later.

Thank you again. I will now open an another post for another problem.

Have a nice week end. Hope all is good for you...

Best Regards
françois
francoisborel

Post by francoisborel »

Good morning Bob

I don't know what i do, but now i can put several AVHRR pictures in one folder and display the pictures in McIDAS.

I have a second problem. The geographical subset, and the resolution. (for example, in McIdas, i have 3km or 5km resolution in the Advanced tab, put the picture looks like a 16km resolution.

I will return on theses cases later (after reading McIdas documentation before ask you any more).

You can close the issue.

Thank you a lot for your help.

Regards
françois