Hi

How do I...?
said.albahri

Hi

Post by said.albahri »

I am using McIDAS 1.6 VERSION and I am facing problem with creating image. It doesn't create image and shows error.

see attachment
Attachments
McIDAS 1.5 EROR.png
bobc

Re: Hi

Post by bobc »

Hello -

I see that you are selecting the "SEVIRI RGB standard > AIRM (air mass)" formula. I'm not familiar with the "SEVIRI RGB standard" formulas. Did you create these yourself from the "SEVIRI RGB" formulas (installed through the Miscellaneous > RGB-Eumetsat plugin)?

Assuming this is the case, can you please try the following:

1. If you select the "SEVIRI RGB > AIRM (air mass)" formula (not the "standard") one and click Create Display do you still see this error message?
  2. Can you please send me the code used for these "standard" formulas from your Jython Library? I would be interested in seeing how it differs from the "SEVIRI RGB" code.
  3. On the chance that I don't replicate the error with your code, can you please send me the stack trace of your error message? To get this, from the Error window, click the "Show Details" button. Please copy/paste this text to a response to this forum as this might give us some more information on the error.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
McIDAS Help Desk
hproe

Re: Hi

Post by hproe »

Bob -

FYI the AIRM standard is identical to the AIRM in EUMETSAT plugin. Actually, in the McV portable version all formulas found in this plugin are now in wat is called 'SEVIRI RGB standard'. I have done this renaming, because 2 additonal RGB groups have been created there: SEVRI RGB tropical and SEVIRI RGB generic. However, no idea where the error is coming from.
BTW I suspect Said is using the portable version.

HP