UF with wrong date and hour

How do I...?
joesixcambar

UF with wrong date and hour

Post by joesixcambar »

Greetings

I am trying to load a UF Radar volume but it usually adds +6 hours to the volume and it also display more month.
FOr example I have a Volume with the name 1177GUA20160330181832_05.uf which corresponds to Year 2016, month 03, day 30, hour 1818 UTC.

How can I correct this, do I need to modify the name or apply a script to correct this.

Thanks in advance.
jayh

Re: UF with wrong date and hour

Post by jayh »

Hello-

In searching the forums and our inquiry system, I haven't found any issues with this type of file previously. Could you please post your file to our ftp site and let us know when you do so? We can test it here and see if we can figure out the source of the problem.

ftp ftp.ssec.wisc.edu
login anonymous
cd pub/incoming
bin
put the file in pub/incoming

Thanks, Jay
McIDAS User Services
joesixcambar

Post by joesixcambar »

Greetings, I have posted a File named 1177GUA20160606152930.uf that corresponds to a file from 2016-06-06 at 15:29 UTC.

Thanks in advance
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hello-

Thank you for posting the file. I've confirmed the day/time error in McIDAS-V version 1.5. I tested the file in our nightly 1.6beta1 build and that version displays the day/time correctly. This is most likely due to the updated netCDF package that is in our testing domain.

We are planning on releasing version 1.6 by the end of this month if you'd like to wait for that update. Otherwise you can download one of our nightly builds from http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/unstable/ (login and password are mcv).

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks, Jay
joesixcambar

Post by joesixcambar »

Thank you very much for the assistance, I will be waiting for the release of the new version.