McIDAS Display Size

How do I...?
mark923

McIDAS Display Size

Post by mark923 »

Can anyone help me resize the McIDAS display so the menu text is larger.

I'm using Windows 10 pro. The attached is a pdf of what the McIDAS display looks like.
Attachments
McIDASVDisplay.pdf
(69.56 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
jayh

Re: McIDAS Display Size

Post by jayh »

Hi Mark-

I just installed McIDAS-V version 1.5 on a new Windows 10 test machine. I'm seeing 'normal' behavior of the display and data explorer windows as I see on all our testing platforms.

If you right click on the toolbar icons (in the Main Display window that you showed in the picture), you should get an option for Large, Medium, or Small icons. Does that help with your display?

I will have to inquire with the programmers if there are any other settings within McIDAS-V that can change this behavior.

Thanks, Jay
McIDAS User Services
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Mark-

I received some more information on this issue. First, I doubt if my resizing of the icons suggestion will help. We have not had much experience with testing on Windows 10 and are still working out some bugs.

A programmer has seen this issue before when running his virtual machine version of Windows 10. There is a compatibility issue with the higher resolution display settings and java. It's possible you could try to change some display settings on your machine to help with the problem, but then you are affecting all the other settings/programs on your machine. We are working on a possible solution that starts McIDAS-V with more of the system settings of a user's machine instead of predefined settings. This is in early preliminary development and testing, and we hope to release this in the future.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Thanks, Jay
mark923

Post by mark923 »

Thanks for looking into this.

Will you post when the system fixes are completed?
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Mark-

When there is any update to the status of this, we will definitely post it.

Thanks again for your interest and use of McIDAS-V!

-Jay
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Mark-

With the 1.6 release, we have a version of the windows installers that should fix your small display issue. You can find this installer here: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/softwar ... r_TEST.exe

However, we did not release this installer as our supported windows version due to a bug with Capture Image. There is an incompatibility with the java versions that shifts image captures, so we did not release or test with it. This is the only known problem at this time and is being resolved in inq. 2354.

If you decide to use this version, please let us know if you find any other issues.

Thanks, Jay