correct LINUX 64 bit configuration

How do I...?
rico

correct LINUX 64 bit configuration

Post by rico »

Hi. I'm trying to use McIDAS-V 1.5 on a LINUX platform (64-bit) but when I run the command, runMcV, I get the following configuration errors:

[rico@rhw9103 1.5]$ runMcV
Reading system configuration...
sys mem: 9891
mcv flags: -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=false -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -Didv.sysmem=9891 -DtextureWidthMax=4096
/data/starfs1/utils/mcidas-v/1.5/jre/bin/java -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx7912M -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.ext.dirs="/data/starfs1/utils/mcidas-v/1.5/jre/lib/ext" -Djava.library.path="/data/starfs1/utils/mcidas-v/1.5/jre/lib/ext" -Dloglevel="INFO" -Dlogback.configurationFile="/net/orbit023l/home/rico/McIDAS-V/logback.xml" -Dmcv.userpath="/net/orbit023l/home/rico/McIDAS-V" -Dmcv.logpath="/net/orbit023l/home/rico/McIDAS-V/mcidasv.log" -Dpython.security.respectJavaAccessibility=false -classpath ".:./mcv_userguide.jar:./mcidasv.jar" -da edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.McIDASV -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=false -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -Didv.sysmem=9891 -DtextureWidthMax=4096 -userpath "/net/orbit023l/home/rico/McIDAS-V"
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I submitted a help desk ticket to the local IT department but they will probably refer me back to the MUG. So what ever info you can give me to correct the situation, I'll pass it along to IT if needed. Thanks.
barryr

Re: correct LINUX 64 bit configuration

Post by barryr »

Hi rico,
I checked the forums and our inquiry system and did not find any reports of "libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found". However, a Google search of it suggests that it's likely a graphics card or driver issue.

So I'd first recommend that your local IT department check the System Requirements; in particular the graphics cards and drivers section (especially the part about making sure your drivers are up to date). Here are a couple other pages with additional information:

Thanks,
Barry
rico

Re: correct LINUX 64 bit configuration

Post by rico »

Thanks Barry. I'll relay this info to my IT department.