Vertical Profile of AIRS product

How do I...?
ghansham

Re: Vertical Profile of AIRS product

Post by ghansham »

Hi joleen

Long time ago, I tried something for vertical cross sections but could not get it committed in mcv (actually) idv core classes. Refer to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1230

Regards
Ghansham
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Ghansham,

There can be good information from Satellite vertical retrievals which would be nice to regularly display. A couple issues I hope will be addressed in the future:

* Satellite Vertical retrievals that can be displayed on a thermodynamic diagram, and rms errors plotted along with the retrieval.
* Getting a stable display for cross sections using a vertical coordinate of pressure levels: the transect displays pressure levels, but it is buggy in comparison to the cross section display. Hopefully the best of both displays can be combined into one stable tool. Inquiry 2684

For scientists here, GOES retrievals, AIRS, IASI, and NuCAPS are all used.

Joleen
ghansham

Post by ghansham »

I second joleen for the requirements mentioned in inquiry 2704. Scientists here are also interested in such tools.
I qould request to post the AIRS file. I would look into the issues pointed in vertical profiles. I feel the visad display is more flexible and lighter than jfreecharts. And I think capability to switch the yaxis from altitude to pressure levels is doable.
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Ghansham,

I posted an AIRS retrieval at
ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/ssec/joleen ... rof_rtv.h5

For current retrievals, the latest are in dated directories at

AIRS: ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/eosdb/aqua/ ... /products/
and for NPP,
CrIS: ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/eosdb/npp/c ... _1014/edr/

in both, the date must be updated to the current date in order to view the current retrievals.

Thanks,
Joleen