data probe bundle

How do I...?
Cloudy

data probe bundle

Post by Cloudy »

I have a dates probe and I want make a bundle but McV freezes.
Any help? Tks
drogers

Re: data probe bundle

Post by drogers »

Hi Cloudy,

I had similar issues with McV freezing and running very slow. Unfortunately, my desktop only has 1GB of RAM. This is not very much to run software as powerful as McV.

I managed to improve the performance slightly by adjusting the memory allocation.
In the main McV display window, click 'Edit' then 'Preferences'.
In the preferences window click on advanced.
Increase the amount of memory available to McV. I found that 800mb or 80% of my memory works best as shown in the image below. Also I make a point of restarting my computer and making sure no other software is running before I start McV.
I'm not sure if this will fix your problem or not, but I hope it helps.
Attachments
Memory.JPG
Regards,
Dan Rogers
dashnell

Post by dashnell »

drogers wrote:I'm not sure if this will fix your problem or not, but I hope it helps.

Well, at least it helped me
Cloudy

Post by Cloudy »

Ok sorry for delay the response, but this is not a problem of memory:
In Macidas-v Version 1.0beta is possible to save a bundle with the option "Save with relative paths" checked and the option "Dates source" unchecked. In Version 1,0 and Version 1,2 the option "Save with relative paths" does not exist, and is not possible to save bundles "with relative paths".
Many thanks for all

Cloudy
tomw

Post by tomw »

Cloudy wrote:In Macidas-v Version 1.0beta is possible to save a bundle with the option "Save with relative paths" checked and the option "Dates source" unchecked. In Version 1,0 and Version 1,2 the option "Save with relative paths" does not exist, and is not possible to save bundles "with relative paths".
Cloudy

I am confused -- I just checked, and when I save a bundle in 1.2, there is an option to save with relative paths...see attached screen shot...
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Cloudy

Post by Cloudy »

Ok Tomw I was not very clear, in McIdas-V Version1.2 when save a bundle with the option "save with relative path" maintains the original data and does not work with other Data Source. In MacIdas-V V1.0 beta5 exists the option "Dates Source", which unchecked permits to change the Data Source.
Attachments
MDV.JPG