HELP PLEASE Looking to hire a McIdas expert for project

How do I...?
IWX

HELP PLEASE Looking to hire a McIdas expert for project

Post by IWX »

Hello,

My company currently uses NOAAport to obtain data and to plot imagery. However, the company who made the system MARTA has gone out of business and the software is EOL and 32 bit.

Due to leasing issues, we have to vacate our facility in late August 2024, and we'll lose access to the satellite dish. We have been able to develop our own fetch and display systems for GOES-R and NEXRAD level II data, but we have run into trouble with some models and other surface data.

We know McIdas can do the job, but the learning curve is steep. We are hoping to hire an expert to setup some basic models and maps export for us such as HRRR and surface data to give us a boost and be able to meet our deadline for the move.

Please advise of interest.

Thanks for your consideration.
beckys

Re: HELP PLEASE Looking to hire a McIdas expert for project

Post by beckys »

Hi IWX,

We can probably help you with what you need. Please send an email to the McIDAS Help Desk (mug@ssec.wisc.edu) outlining exactly what you're trying to do, and depending on the complexity, we can either send instructions on how to create the displays you need or send you a quote with the dollar amount for us to do the work for you.

Thanks,
Becky Schaffer
McIDAS Program Manager
IWX

Re: HELP PLEASE Looking to hire a McIdas expert for project

Post by IWX »

Hi Becky,

THANK YOU.

I will compile a list of needs and send to the email address you posted.

Anthony