Scatter Analysis

How do I...?
joleenf

Scatter Analysis

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I am trying to compare a C02 CMIP band from an ABI L2 file to a CLAVRx 0.65 um variable using the scatter analysis. Is there a way to do this, even for small samples of the data? Right now, it seems that regardless of whether or not I start with the CLAVRx files first and select a small region, the display is not loading very quickly at all.

Thanks,
Joleen
bobc

Re: Scatter Analysis

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen,

Improving the speed of the Scatter Analysis in McIDAS-V is one of the first things on my list after the release of McIDAS-V 1.9. Ghansham has some impressive work to improve the efficiency of the display and you can find more information about this on this forum post. The forum post includes a plugin that you can download and added through the Plugin Manager in McIDAS-V. Once the plugin is installed and McIDAS-V is restarted, a new display type will be available called "Scatter Analysis Modified". From my testing of the plugin it seems to work well, though more testing is needed before it's integrated into the core McIDAS-V code.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments if you look into the plugin Ghansham created.

Thanks,
Bob Carp