A basic usage of this display type is as follows:
- Create a satellite imagery data source through the Satellite>Imagery chooser.
- Create an Image Display of your desired band/calibration. Note that this step isn't necessary, but the Image Display gives a good reference for where to position the probe for the ADT analysis.
- Create a display using the new "Advanced Dvorak Technique (Under Development)" display type. Once this display has been created, the Layer Controls tab of the Data Explorer will populate with controls for the display.
- The most basic usage of this display is to use the Manual Storm Center Selection mode, where the user manually positions the probe (the dot in the Main Display) to their desired location, such as the eye of a hurricane.
- Once this probe has been positioned, click Run Analysis at the bottom of the Layer Controls. This will bring up an ADT Results window, providing the output of the ADT analysis.
Note that other options in the Layer Controls, explaining the use of forecast or history files, can be found in the McV_ADT_1p7.pdf file linked above. This can also be accessed by clicking the Help button at the bottom of the Layer Controls.
McIDAS User Services